On Jan. 21, 2016, DOE released DE-FOA-00001384 which requests proposals to apply for funding to conduct research relating to critical technologies needed to meet the Administration’s EV Everywhere Grand Challenge. $55.5 million in funding is available. Proposals are sought with regard to the following areas of interest:
- EV Everywhere Plug-in EV Local Showcases
- Grid Modernization for EVs
- Accelerated Development of Low Cost Automotive Mg sheet Components
- Corrosion protection and dissimilar material joining for next gen lightweight vehicles
- Advances for the production of low cost EV motors
- Development of advanced high voltage electrolytes and additives, conformable and self-healing solid state electrolytes and lithium metal protection
- Development of advanced battery material characterization techniques
- Advanced battery materials modeling
- Enabling technologies for engine and powertrain systems
- Alt fuel vehicle workplace safety programs
- Open topic/exploratory research
Please note that for this FOA, 100% of all direct labor must be in the U.S.
Concept papers are due 2/28 and full applications are due 3/28. A webinar is scheduled for 1/28 at 2 pm.
For more information, click here.